Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 ST

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
Rencio7
Model of CNC Machine: Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 ST

Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 ST

Post by Rencio7 »

Hi I've been working hard to get vcarve pro working with my Wizzard 2000 ST engraver and I've had success!!

Ini file attached! :P

The only thing is you need to do the following things to the HPGL code to get it to work :(

Remove all decimals and minuses using notepad ++
All you need to do is open the .plt file using notepad++
Ctrl + F and go to the replace tab..write in a "." without quotes obviously and replace all button - do the same for the "-".

The y axis has - on every command for some reason and the machine doesn't recognise decimals and just has a long string of numbers for coords.
If there is any way to remove all decimals and minuses in the code via editing the ini file vectric staff please tell me!

I've successfuly engraved quite a few things!!

I love vcarve software :)

Oh yeh - how I worked it out!
It was quite 'naughty' if that's the right phrase.
I used usb monitoring software I had to monitor the ASCII serial commands engravelab trial sent to the engraver - as it supports my machine!
SO I figured out the right start hpgl and finishing code for the engraver!
I modified the generic hpgl without arc support pp file...
To send the hpgl code to the engraver I used prodnc with the following settings..

Baud rate 9600 , Data bits 8, parity none, stop bits 1, character set ASCII, block send

If anyone wants to request me to do any other ini post processor files please say and I will do it for free!

many thanks

Laurence
Attachments
Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 ST.pp
(2.58 KiB) Downloaded 491 times

mikeacg
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger, Sidewinder, SB 4x4

Re: Dahlgren Wizzard 2000 ST

Post by mikeacg »

Laurence,

I have an old Wizzard XL sitting out in the shop that someone gave me. Do you know if that machine can be controlled through a computer? I don't know anything about it and I don't have a manual for it...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mike