Big Tex toolsetter

This forum is for requests and queries about machine tool support for Vectric Products
StuartC
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: DIY built

Big Tex toolsetter

Post by StuartC »

I am so close to getting this ATC feature to work. Initial zero button works normally and then I start G code and Mach waits for me to load second tool. All goes well until I use zero tool button to zero tool. Tool moves to fixed touch plate and touches off and moves to zero and does not wait for a cycle start, router pauses and then goes right to tool path and starts running. Is there a setting in Mach I am missing. In gen config I have set "Stop spindle wait for cycle start", "Stop on Mo1 command". I am using Mach ATC inch as the post processor.

Thanks,
Stuart

kilrabit
Vectric Wizard

Re: Big Tex toolsetter

Post by kilrabit »

Greg might answer this better.....

Your M04 is acting correctly, when you zero, depending on your button script, it is zeroing and going back to feed rate, and continuing the cut with the next tool. With an ATC the tools are premeasured, and it changes tools and continues to cut.

I would suggest adding to the button script, after zero wait for a manual start or something like another M04 for a tool change start.

Roy

StuartC
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: DIY built

Re: Big Tex toolsetter

Post by StuartC »

Thanks for the reply. I got it working, it indeed was a modification to the button script that worked.

Thanks,
Stuart