My 1st Indexer

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
wannabeaflyer

My 1st Indexer

Post by wannabeaflyer »

Hi Guys have been having a nutty proffesor moment and whilst rumbling around my collection of bits and bobs For my Flight simulator project i came across this Reduction gearbox (10:1) ratior Needed 2 for the Motion control actuator but could only find one at the price i was willing to pay at the time ( bummer ) anyways saw the work you guys have done here and though maybe i could lash ( technical terminology NOT :-)) something togather. so this is my grand plan it will be driven by a type 23 BYG?? Hybrid stepper mootr from a seperate single axis Controller card 9 My Xylotex Controller is only 3 Axis ) and quite simply will be initially 18mm MDF Painted and sealed with and some fittings i have .. will do a full expolded view with all the elemnts soon if anyones interterested. :-) and some pics of progress so far cheers Guys ... now all i gotta do is learn to drive it ... Oh By the way Trick one this ! is there a free program out there to create Gear / Sprocket DXF files ?
Attachments
rotary indexer 4th axis.jpg

DavidCousins
Vectric Wizard

Re: My 1st Indexer

Post by DavidCousins »

Hi,
Good to see some action in building a 4th axis. Very cool. And pretty neat that you are conceiving a Flight Simulator too. Both projects sound like a load of fun. Looking forward to seeing more on both subjects.
Dave

wannabeaflyer

Re: My 1st Indexer

Post by wannabeaflyer »

Cheers Dave hope to be back in action soon and will try to post some more info once my machine is up abd runjing again . Thanks good Buddy ;-) neither project is easy and both time consuming but hey thats the fun of it :) sometimes it's like i have bitten off more than i can chew but am chomping away small bites and dont you love it when a plans comes together ( A Team :-) ) Style.