Hello. I'm about to finish my Rotary Demon build. I know conceptually what I need and how it works. I just need a little conformation and a few questions answered.
What I know
1. my rotary is a K11 100 with a 6:1 reduction.
2. I'm running my CNC DemonLTE controller which is a 3 driver version on my CNC Demon controller (TB6600 drivers). So I have only 3 axis. X, Y, Z.
3. I know this can be done because it already has been done on a GRBL based machine, just not as a dedicated machine like my design.
4. I will need to write a post processor for my machine (not to worried, I'm comfortable with that).
5. I will need to figure out my steps per mm for my rotary.
1-3 are just statements to help you know where I am.
In the post processor, I will have to make the output A convert to Y because my rotary is my Y axis. Is this correct and is there an example out there already?
5a) my assumption is that once I have it set correctly, the jog distance should be degrees. As in I send G0 Y360, it should revolve 1 revolution exactly at rapid rate.
Is that correct?
5b) Also, then feed rate would be degrees per minute? So G1 Y360 F360 should take 1 minute to revolve around once. Is that correct?
Thanks in advance for your help!
my machine plans are here if you are interested.http://www.designsbyphil.com/rotary-demon-cnc.html