I have an X-carve that I have modified with a 800w spindle (aircooled) and I use the G540 board for control. Mach3 for the software control
I bought my 4th axis off of ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/CNC-F-Style-A- ... :rk:1:pf:0
The features on that page are:
- Chuck type: 80mm self-centering 3 Claw Chuck
- Chuck center height?49MM
- Transmission ratio 1:6 (1200 pulses / revolution) synchronization gear reducer
- 3.5A 4 lead 57 stepper motor(1.8 Degree Step Angle)
- Stainless steel dust cover
- Processing load 30KG
- Anodized rust treatment
- 4-pin connector 1 = A +, 2 = A-, 3 = B +, 4 = B-
- Dimensions 170*200*90
- MACH3 setup instructions: 1 degree required Pulse
- The formula is: 360 / subdivision stepping angle * Drive * Transmission ratio / 360 = MACH3 Pulse
Everything on the X,Y,Z works with I am carving anything flat.
For some reason I cannot get the 4th axis to work properly.
I can get it to tune and it jogs. The issue is when I save the output from Vcarve the job rotates the part around multiple times.
When I look at the g-code it shows the A axis moving in the negative direction but more than 70mm as the work piece is 71mm circumference. (22.27mm diameter)
The g-code shows it going all the way up past -300.
What am I missing?