Spiral Wrapping Problem

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II

Spiral Wrapping Problem

Post by davemartin88 »

Just installed my Rotary this week and testing it out, totally new to rotary. Tried to do a spiral path using the gadget. Pictures below show the tool path preview which looks like it is going to completely wrap the spiral but actual preview shows what looks to be only one revolution? When I calculated the toolpath, I thought the message box said there would be just over 3 revolutions. Any obvious set up error I'm making? Can get to the shop later to post the file if needed.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

IslaWW
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Controller Upgrades

Re: Spiral Wrapping Problem

Post by IslaWW »

Dave...
When doing spiral wrapping toolpaths that are more than 1 "wrap" the 3D preview will not show those portion beyond the first wrap as they are technically "off the model". Its not an error, just the way it is. As you show, the 3D wireframe shows the proper toolpath. Cut it! You can cut MUCH more than you can preview. Enjoy GC :D

If you really need to see the complete preview, there are a few tricks that will allow this, but you will have to wait til May! :twisted:
Gary Campbell
GCnC Control
ATC & Servo Controller Controller Upgrades
GCnC411 (at) gmail.com

davemartin88
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: CAMMaster Stinger II

Re: Spiral Wrapping Problem

Post by davemartin88 »

Ahhhh! After all the times I didn't pay attention to the preview and ruined the cut, this time I should ignore it, just kidding. Appreciate the info and will give it a try when I'm in the shop tomorrow. Thanks for the quick help.