3D Fish cut on My Recoil

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
Neal Meyers Jr

3D Fish cut on My Recoil

Post by Neal Meyers Jr »

I cut this fish on my recoil. I imported the fish from the Vectric book end project, doubled sided it, unwrapped it, and cut it on my Recoil all using Aspire 4 only. WAY COOL. Loving Aspire 4 :mrgreen:

Details: .25 end mill at 40% step over, finished with a .125 Ball nose at 10% step over all at 300 inch per minute.

The addition of the "Zero plane to model" makes this type of work SO much easier. You no longer need to create the ends to hold material in the recoil. The zero plane is the object that looks like the dowel that is running through the fish. (Just remember to set the Zero Plane as "Merge" other wise, the zero plane ADDS to your model.) My first time cutting the fish it came out VERY fat. :mrgreen: LOL Fixed the file and just ran the finishing path and wala. :mrgreen:
Attachments
3d Fish.jpg
"Being the one"

Sk8nmike
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD and Multicam

Re: 3D Fish cut on My Recoil

Post by Sk8nmike »

nice

gave me some ideas.

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Post by mezalick »

Next up,,,,,"Flipper on a stick.".........:)
Nice work.

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

It's probably just late and I'm not thinking clearly, but I didn't quite catch how the zero plane becomes a dowel. On my wrapped models I set z0 to be the center of the part. A zero plane at z0 would have no thickness at all, and therefore wouldn't make a dowel. Or are you saying you make a zero plane and then adjust the base height of the plane component to create the required thickness?

Nice job, by the way.
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Steve,

Watch the new tutorial F14 to see how the zero plane is used to create the center dowel.

Neal,

That came out great.

You should post it in the Aspire Gallery section also.

Tim

nealmeyersjr
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster 408 with Recoil

Post by nealmeyersjr »

dealguy11 wrote:It's probably just late and I'm not thinking clearly, but I didn't quite catch how the zero plane becomes a dowel. On my wrapped models I set z0 to be the center of the part. A zero plane at z0 would have no thickness at all, and therefore wouldn't make a dowel. Or are you saying you make a zero plane and then adjust the base height of the plane component to create the required thickness?

Nice job, by the way.
That is exactly how I created the dowel. I set the Zero Plane to .5 the thickness that I wanted the dowel to be. ie .125 when wrapped equals .25 in inches.
Neal Meyers
Guyton Ga

[color=#0000BF]"Move forward as if Nobody is Hindering You" Abe Lincoln[/color]

dealguy11
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Anderson Selexx 510

Post by dealguy11 »

Ah, thanks. That is an easier method than the previous method of making the dowels.

And you're right, Tim, I should watch the new tutorials :oops: but I'm too busy making models!!
Steve Godding
Not all who wander (or wonder) are lost