lithopane on pvc pipe problem !

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
gatonini
Model of CNC Machine: Blackfoot 4x8

lithopane on pvc pipe problem !

Post by gatonini »

I went to do a lithopane today on a piece of pvc pipe it had wording in it the wording came out backwards what did I do wrong. I created it photovcarve and then cncwrapper.

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Re: lithopane on pvc pipe problem !

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi: Sounds like you have the A axis running in the wrong direction. Try reversing it your machine program. Norm ( Been there, done that!)

gatonini

Post by gatonini »

Where you look in mach 3 for that

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

The conventional direction of rotation for a rotary axis is best described with the Right Hand Rule. See pics.

Both Mach3 and CNCwrapper abide by this convention. As does most professional CNC control and software.

You can have it turning the wrong way if you want to. Some users do, but it is always easier to stay with convention. IMO.

To alter the direction of any axis output in Mach3, go to Config / Homing and Limits, and toggle the Reversed checkmark.

Greolt
Attachments
RightHandRuleRotary.jpg
RHR.gif

gatonini

Post by gatonini »

what I'm asking is should I have did anything with the picture to correct the situation. I have
my router which is 4 x 8 . The x movement run the long direction. My y axis runs back and forth acrossed the gantry. I set my rotary table so that my y axis does the cutting . I cant picture the hand method you are talking about sorry !

gatonini

Post by gatonini »

Geez this is worse than I though after looking at my piece that I cut the lettering is not backwards its upside down what is the answer please ?

NormanAlbert
Vectric Wizard

Post by NormanAlbert »

Hi, The upside down is corrected when you first do the litho in either Photo v carve or change its direction in Vcarve. When I do litho's or other carvings on hollow round peices, I leave what I believe the bottom to be unpluged. If I've made a mistake with direction I then insert the bottom in the correct end. I've made inside and outside cones to support the pipe and also my Corian pencil cups. Norm