How to use and setup rotary angles

Topics related to wrapped rotary machining in Aspire or VCarve Pro
Guerra Cues
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot Desktop

Re: How to use and setup rotary angles

Post by Guerra Cues »

metalworkz wrote:Hello Tony,
Looks like you got some great advice from the Vectric forum members here. It is good to see some of your work posted here also.
Hey Wes,

I sent you an email and never got a reply buddy.

U know what? On this thread the help was awesome. It's like somebody pressed the Easy Button on me. I am stoked because I can do now everything that I need to do, I hope :mrgreen:

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

Absolutely beautiful work there! Would you be willing to post a picture of your setup for machining these?

Just gorgeous - 8)
Dave
--------------
Dave

Guerra Cues

Post by Guerra Cues »

fretsman68 wrote:Absolutely beautiful work there! Would you be willing to post a picture of your setup for machining these?

Just gorgeous - 8)
Dave
Hey Dave,

I will try to get a few pictures uploaded tomorrow so you can see my setup. Do you build guitars?

fretsman68
Vectric Wizard

Post by fretsman68 »

Guerra Cues wrote: Hey Dave,

I will try to get a few pictures uploaded tomorrow so you can see my setup. Do you build guitars?

Thank you, and yes, I've dabbled in it a bit (just for things myself manually, no CNC) but I do make guitars parts quite often.

Dave
--------------
Dave

Guerra Cues

Post by Guerra Cues »

fretsman68 wrote:
Guerra Cues wrote: Hey Dave,

Thank you, and yes, I've dabbled in it a bit (just for things myself manually, no CNC) but I do make guitars parts quite often.

Dave
Hey Dave,

Per your request here are some pics of my machinery and my shop. Wes, things changed quite a bit right?

The 2 tapering machines are from Unique Products and look at the dust collection boxes :D
Also have the Shopbot Desktop, a Jet 1340 Metal Lathe, Jet DrumSander (picked it brand new for $95.00, a CL find :) ), also a Wood lathe I use for finish and sanding, a 150 years old book press to press glued veneers, a Delta dust collector and a Grizzly bandsaw.

and a lot of wood: