Taxidermy Job

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Taxidermy Job

Post by buck4 »

I was contacted by a local Taxidermy, who is doing a remodel job. And with the Design & Carve (Wildlife Secnes) I had this guys head spinning with ideas. Right now he wants 8-rosette blocks with animals heads (bear, wolf, elk, and Mallard) these are done and delivered. Between Christmas and the New Year, I'll be cutting the attached profiles, these are two of the four headed boards he wants. The one of the dog & pheasants is included with the DVD, I just had to move things around some to make the customer happy. This profile will be on a piece 77" x 6". The Moose scene will be carved on a piece 56" x 6". Over the next week he and his wife will design or come up with a couple more ideas for the other two headed boards.
The DVD from James Booth, has made this a fun job, plus I do believe I got a happy customer (so far) don't want to mess this one up.
Buck
Attachments
Dale_Dog_Pheasants.jpg
Dale_Moose 56in.jpg

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Taxidermy Job

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Buck,
The previews look great and it will be good to see the finished items. It's good to hear about your success so far with the Design and Carve Wildlife series from James booth.
Thanks for posting the previews and information and we will be watching for the finished double headed boards.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Re: Taxidermy Job

Post by buck4 »

Just finished two of the wildlife scene's. Hard to get a good picture with the length of the boards.
Moose scene is on a header board 56" long, main profile is 36" x 5.5"
Dog/Pheasant scene is on a header board 77" long, main profile is 42" x 5.5"
Customer will put on his own finish,
Attachments
DSC02603.JPG
DSC02602.JPG
DSC02601.JPG
DSC02600.JPG
DSC02599.JPG