I wish it did not look so foriegn

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

I wish it did not look so foriegn

Post by Greolt »

I have been thinking about this for some time but have been reluctant to post because I think most readers just will not get what I am talking about. :wink:

I am an Australian and to us the scenery in the Design and Carve set just looks odd.

This is something you would need to have spent some time in this country to understand.

All but a couple of the wildlife models are irrelevant and over half of the scenery models are the same.

This is in no way to disparage the Design and Carve set. They have been put together for a market and I would have done the same.

I would very much like to gain the tutorials etc that the product provides but am reluctant to spend the money for just those and a few usable scenery models.

It will most likely never happen but I would love to see a set put together that has more relevance to us down under.

Again, I am not knocking the Design product, but sadly I will not be purchasing it. And I do mean the sadly bit. :(

Greg

JCTalbert,LLC
Vectric Craftsman

Re: I wish it did not look so foriegn

Post by JCTalbert,LLC »

You've got a good point there. Hopefully the vectorart3D folks will get onboard for you and add a few of the more native critters to Australia... I feel for you not to be able to take advantage of the models... Keep pushing... a squeaky wheel always gets greased...
JCTalbert, LLC
Jim Dell(JD)
Custom CNC Services
Cabinet Design and Manufacturing
610.467.0CNC

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello greg

something is true, in your post.... i don't remember for kangoroos, and i did not see scenery with the ayers stone......
but turn seriously... some survey probably push this thing forward... from nederland we have user, and the map by the official vectric cartoghrapher shows users from around the world...
so some survey could shows what australian, dutch, french users feel in their country can be popular...

thanks
viktor

actualy i have model, tara... an indian god.... i know a few indian (not native but from india) and they mentioned about other gods... they gave nme a calendar, and i scanned and made a """photoghraph""" a very shallow relief... they like it... but also they asked me why is the different between the tara and what i made...

Kym
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Home built

Post by Kym »

Hi Greg,

Another Aussie here, yes it would be good to have some of our native animals to carve e.g. Platypus, Echidna, etc.

Lets hope their on the drawing board.

Cheers....Kym

capnl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Heiz Z-1000

Post by capnl »

Hello from Holland (=The Netherlands)

I have bought the DVD with the scenery and all and love to watch the tutorials and learn from them and in the near future I hope to be able to design and carve some cows, tulips, windmills, wooden shoes (klompen) and so on :wink:

What I mean to say is: it would be nice to have objects from all over the world but that is for James B and his friends to decide and develop for a next DVD.
Now I use the objects available on the present DVD (and from the website) and hope (and think) my customers like those as well.

Some like objects from their own area, some say give me a mountain with trees, wolves, elks and so on....
I am sure there are customers in my area that would like to have a carving of a kangaroo or a koala......

We all have to be patient to get all things we would like to have but there is a limit on the (amount of) work that James B and his friends can do.

patience my friends, patience....... :wink:

Cheers
John
DRW-Holland
CNC-Step S-1000 machine 1000 x 590 x 110 mm
Aspire - VCarve Pro - Photo VCarve - Cut3D

kilrabit
Vectric Wizard

Post by kilrabit »

Greg,

The tutorials on the disk were worth the money to me, even without the backgrounds, I considered them an added bonus.

Aspire can use any 3D file, converted to .stl, .ai. Even though you import a 360 degree image Aspire will only show 180 degrees of it. If you look around on google for some of these, or even get someone to laser scan an animal toy, and you can use them in aspire and different scenery.

DanielBEE
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: n/a

Post by DanielBEE »

I've been asking for a Desert/Cowboy versian of this, maybe they will release something that we can both use!
Aspire 2.0
Biesse Rover A 3.30
Biessworks
PC/Mac Draft
AutoCad
AutoDesk Inventor
Trumpf

paulbotes

Post by paulbotes »

I am planning on adding models to my collection on the VA3D site this year. If you could inspire me by sending me some reference material for the models you would like to see, I would gladly add those to my to- do list.

Paul Botes

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

African themed would be a good one from my point of view. I seem to have a lot of request for pieces featuring Elephants, tigers, lions giraffes, zebras etc etc at the moment.

DanielBEE
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: n/a

Post by DanielBEE »

Most of my customers would like to see scenes that resemble Frederic Remington's work.

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/artists/re ... deric.html
Aspire 2.0
Biesse Rover A 3.30
Biessworks
PC/Mac Draft
AutoCad
AutoDesk Inventor
Trumpf