Log Cabin Scene

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Log Cabin Scene

Post by Phil »

I'm anxious to cut out the Log Cabin in the Woods scene. It was a lot of fun to put together. I had to review the tutorials for some pointers and I learned a lot.
Attachments
Log Cabin Scene.jpg

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Log Cabin Scene

Post by tmerrill »

That looks good Phil. The fence adds a nice touch!

Can't wait to see it cut.

Tim

buck4
Vectric Craftsman

Post by buck4 »

Looks real good, I like the way you did the path and fence. You got to love this forum, the ideas and tips that everyone shares.
Buck

Phil
Vectric Wizard

Post by Phil »

Thanks Tim and Buck. I've working to achieve some depth and perspective in the models. I started by creating a framework for a one point perspective and created various components in the boxes. This is a work in progress so any suggestions, hints, criticisms are all welcome.
Attachments
Perspective.JPG

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Post by JamesB »

Phil - great looking scene, glad the tutorials etc. are helpful. Only thing I would suggest with this might be to try fading the cabin component slightly, top to bottom maybe about 30% strength (although you can tinker with this). This may help it sit in the background a bit better (it also may take too much detail away so it would be a judgement call once you tried it). Just something to try in case you want to.

Cheers,
James

rrrevels
Vectric Craftsman

Post by rrrevels »

Phil the cabin scene looks great. Just a couple of minor comments. You need to look at the 2nd tree from the left. Maybe it is just me but it seems to be a little behind the left tree but it covers some of the left tree. The left end of the cabin is in front of that 2nd tree also. A little fiddling with the height/depth of the tree should clean that up.

Just my .02 cents worth.

Russ
CAMaster MC3050-R w/steppers and Mach3, Aspire 8.02 D&C Series 1A &1B - Wildlife Scenes