New copy of Design & Carve

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

jporter

New copy of Design & Carve

Post by jporter »

Folks, I am new to this forum, but recognize some of the names from the ShopBot forum. If you have seen some of my questions on the ShopBot forum, you may remember that my questions are very basic regarding just about everything including simple computer maneuvers. I got my copy of the Design & Carve disc today. Is this supposed to be loaded into the computer memory permanently or just read directly off the disc as I am doing now? Usually when I get a new program or such, it has a "Wizard" and stores the disc somewhere. Please, talk to me like I am 4 years old, I will not be offended. Thanks for your help, joe

calgrdnr
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot prt with 4g upgrade

Re: New copy of Design & Carve

Post by calgrdnr »

Howdy Joe and welcome to the vectric forum

I personally copy all disc to my computer ( have plenty of room) I do this so I don't have to look for disc, Disc doesn't get scratched and as for the series you are talking abot the tutorials will load run much better and quieter on a hard drive versus optical drive.

I have a Folder called Downloads and then inside that a folder with the company/software name inside of that . that is where I copy the cd/dvd to . I then just make short cuts to the files/folders I will be using .. hope that helps...

jporter

Re: New copy of Design & Carve

Post by jporter »

Thanks, Kent. That helped a lot. I did as you suggested and everything works fine. I just need some direction from time to time to get started on the right path and then I can carry on for a while. Thanks again, joe