wildlife

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

wildlife

Post by gravirozo »

hello all

first steps with wild life disk....i trying to place models in backgrounds,,, trying to find ways to making good looking compositons...

of course the simplest way just to cut a ready panel, or a mantel... but this disc is a real challenge...

on the disk the material is first grade... however models are itself in a dish or just carved out with flat backgroung looks great, placed in a scene can cause difficulties...

i tried to put together to "picture" and here's my findings...
on first picture, i tried to apply the socalled triangle compositon, where the objects lead your eye to a focal point... this sample is short so it will lead the sight out of the scene...
also, i wanted to make more "crowded" the scene...so l placed more deer...

also i tried to make "naturelike"... i placed one deer "behind" the rocks... i used the general scultpting, to lower the tree behind the deer, also used tilting on the deer to raise the head, and using the fade option, put it's legs "behind"the rocks... the fade and tilting can be used simultan...

the loghouse i felt more naturelike to placed between trees... first i made some fade to place behind the tree, after it got behind, copied in the modelarea, created component again, and the bottom of house is fading again.... also the grass was elevated by sculpting tool...

in the second example i placed twice the standing pheasant, changed it's scale, and "turned" it's head back... so it 's already looking different model..

also worth to study the loghouse, how it's made... the roof shows some really professional workout...just like other models from vectorart website...

thanks
viktor

this disc is great, the tutorials are priceless... but to use it in daily practice... need real expertise... the disc gives all help... but in a bussiness where mostly first point the profit, might not everyone afford the time as need to get experience with these...

i try to put together closet doors... the bifolding... and some other ideas... but it require really time to get ready a new idea, project...

i can suggest to download free previews from james site, and study them before you start a project... those models are putted together on very great way... just put together models can lead """egyptian looking"" however those old pictures has some real artistic value...
Attachments
composed.jpg
deer behind rock.jpg
loghouse in grass.jpg
dog_pheasant.jpg
deer manipulated.jpg

bevins
Vectric Craftsman

Re: wildlife

Post by bevins »

thats some nice stuff. Much better than my first try.

Lots of things wrong with this. too long to mention....:-)

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

bevin, your first try is okay.... my suggestion would be, just let enough deep your picture... these models, if they are too small they are loose their details... to find out about your model it would be small... the best if you draw a circle around, and make a finish pass, of course on the monitor only... that is enought fast to figure out,,,

as i can see on the picture, you posted, looks you have changed the model height...... try to keep, or even raise a little... because with height, fine details can be deeper, more contrast.....

in a3/4 board you can cut at least 1/2 inch, or in this case as it only 5-6 inch wide you can go down almost to 5/8.... and still works...
also i suggest you, just use some scrap pine, select details of your project, that you have doubt about, draw around with an oval and make toolpath, and to cut a few square inch don't take a long time, but you won't find out after several hour cut something is wrong... loosing material and time

best regard
viktor

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

some pictures
applied some stain for better visibility

thanks
viktor
Attachments
GEDC0788.JPG