Trouble uploading pictures

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Carve series for Aspire

Moderator: JamesB

Trouble uploading pictures

Postby Fleming » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:57 pm

For some reason I am having trouble uploading any attachments. Everything goes fine at first, the file % upload count goes normal but then the screen goes to all white with a brief message that it is waiting for a reply from Vectric - then nothing happens even if I try to reload the page. I have tried different computers, different browsers, different pictures of various sizes... same result. Vectric support could not find any issues on their end when I first sent them the info. Further requests for help have not been responded to. Any ideas????
Cobblewood Carver
Fleming
Vectric Apprentice

Re: Trouble uploading pictures

Postby zeeway » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:25 pm

Sometimes security software can cause problems with attachments. You can try turning off any security software (very briefly), and see if that is it. Hmmm. although you said you had tried different computers...

Angie
zeeway
Vectric Wizard

Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Postby Adrian » Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:52 pm

Same ISP each time?
Adrian
Vectric Archimage

Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Postby Fleming » Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:26 pm

Yes same ISP - I will check with them to see if their security filters are at fault.
Cobblewood Carver
Fleming
Vectric Apprentice

Postby Fleming » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:08 pm

Tried different ISP - same result but I finally figured out what was going on :D

It seems that in addition to a file size restriction (<1 MB) there is a picture size restriction. I down sized the picture to make it smaller (L X W) and then everything worked fine :o

It would be useful if there were a one line information note where you upload files that summarized the restrictions: file size, picture size, and file types!

Thanks to everyone who tried to help. :)
Cobblewood Carver
Fleming
Vectric Apprentice

Return to Design & Carve - Aspire