Design and Carve Western Scenes

Discussions and examples relating to the Design & Make projects for Aspire

Moderator: Todd Bailey

JamesB
Vectric Alumni
Model of CNC Machine: Exel CNC SL60/90 Pro

Design and Carve Western Scenes

Post by JamesB »

As many of you know we are close to releasing the new DC1-B Western Scenes Disk. I had hoped this would be available this week but a glitch in the first batch of disks has caused a delay in getting it ready for shipping. As such it is likely to be around the 2nd or 3rd of August (assuming there are no more problems) before we are ready to launch. Below is an image of a display which Tim Merrill (thanks Tim!) made for us using designs from the new disk so you can see some of the projects which will available. The product got a good reception at the show and should be an excellent resources for customers interested in this style of scene.

At the same time we launch the disk a new Design and Carve website will also be launched to showcase the product and make it easy for customers to download the additional models and projects. Again sorry for the delay and we'll email everyone as soon as we launch the new product.

Cheers,
James
Attachments
DC1-B Display.JPG

spinningwood
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Taig Mill and Self Built Routers

Re: Design and Carve Western Scenes

Post by spinningwood »

Hi James - Any plans to eventually put together a nautical / seashore type "scenes" collection? Something that would allow the creation of harbor / shorline scenes (like the project that Ted is working on and posting in the forum)? Or how about a "reef scenes" collection that would allow the creation of underwater scenes?

Ed

jasond
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homemade cnc

Post by jasond »

spinningwood wrote:Hi James - Any plans to eventually put together a nautical / seashore type "scenes" collection? Something that would allow the creation of harbor / shorline scenes (like the project that Ted is working on and posting in the forum)? Or how about a "reef scenes" collection that would allow the creation of underwater scenes?

Ed

You read my mind!! I would love to see this!

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Me too. While I fully appreciate that North America is the biggest market it would be great to have something with a more international appeal.

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

james

this is a pretty collection... im hungarian, and by my nationality i also like horsing folks... not to mention when i see the invested work... the cowboy at campfire is perfect... to srink a scene into so shallow space ... real artwork..

i just wondering as im hungarian, but there are some international in this situation,,

when i went to bakery on hungary, early morning the smell, the scen tof bread was incredible... all bread was pretty and beauty..

however alsways came in shopper, they did not choose from the serve desk bread, but they asked from the top shelf.. no matter that was same...

i think adrian means internationally, The Queen, Lady Di, and the family...
well, they would be same good theme..

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Appreciate the feedback we have plans for future products including some of the suggestions made here but I have no time line for them at present. This disk was supposed to be available much sooner but the re-do of the Aspire docs amongst other things means that it took a lot longer than planned!

Cheers,
James

JamesB
Vectric Alumni

Post by JamesB »

Well - as much as I hoped to get the Western Scenes disk released this week. The combination of moving house/country and being on vacation with no reliable internet all at the same time means I have decided to err on the side of caution and wait until I can manage it properly. So I am afraid the new website and product will probably not go live until around the 10th of August. Thanks for your patience in waiting for this - it is appreciated and fingers crossed this is the last delay!

Those of you who bought the disk at the AWFS show will be sent one of the new disks before the weekend and should receive it next week.

Cheers,
James

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

Hang in there, most of us would have self destructed several weeks ago. The thought of move to a diffeent house let alone country would require tooooooo muchhhhhhhhh...... well of everything. I have learned to wait for excellence.