Mach 2 z axis minimum setting in configuration

customcnc

Mach 2 z axis minimum setting in configuration

Post by customcnc »

Hello, can anyone explain how to set the z axis minimum in the Homing Configuration, or what the settings should be on a 3 axis machine? Thanks

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Mach 2 z axis minimum setting in configuration

Post by metalworkz »

Hello,
The homing and limits section of Mach allows you to set the minimum and maximum distances of travel in each axis on your machine. I am not sure if Mach2 is exactly the same interface as Mach3, but you should be able to figure the total distance of travel that each of your axis will travel and then input those into the minimum and maximum settings for each axis. There is also a 'slow zone' setting on the same window and I think it is set to 1" default, but you can change that also if needed and that is supposed to slow the travel down in that last inch before a hard stop. If you don't have any protection against a hard stop at the end of travel you may want to decrease the minimum and maximum so you won't ever crash your axis, but that is usually not a problem and you will most likely get an error message in Mach if a file is loaded that will go past the soft limits. I hope this helps with your question, but if not just continue to post and someone is sure to reply with the information you need.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake