Licensing question

CNCWoodGuy

Licensing question

Post by CNCWoodGuy »

I would like to purchase the VCarve software but want to use it in two different buildings. How does the licensing work when you purchase the software? I would like to purchase one seat of the software, but run it in two different buildings (not at the same time though). Does it come with a local hardkey that I can move from PC to PC (building to building)? I would have one person run it in building A and a different person run it in building B, but not at the same time, so I would really only be using one seat of the software at any one time, thusly saving me on the cost of having to purchase two different seats when I only need one.

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Re: Licensing question

Post by Tony Mac »

Hello CNCWoodGuy,

Customers purchase a single user license.

In your case where 2 different users need to run the software, then 2 licenses are required.

If you have any further questions please email sales at vectric dot com and we'll get back to you.

Tony

marju

Post by marju »

Hi, just about the same question with a slight difference, I'm the only user but during the evenings it will happens that I will use it my home and during daytime in my woodshop !
Do I need two or only one license could do.
Thank you

Tony Mac
Vectric Alumni

Post by Tony Mac »

Hello Marju,

As you are the only person using the license you can install the software on both PC's.

Regards,
Tony

Mogal
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DIY CNC

Post by Mogal »

Tony Mac wrote:Hello Marju,

As you are the only person using the license you can install the software on both PC's.

Regards,
Tony
Awesome, as I had this same question. I am the sole user.
I do my main work on my main PC, but then need to make minor adjustments on the workshop PC.

I'm even a HAPPIER user now! :D

mikereynolds
Model of CNC Machine: shopbot prt

Post by mikereynolds »

if i have a laptop at home that i design on then move the file to computer at work that runs the cnc will the file work resp mike

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

Is one of the primary reason I chose Aspire.
Trying to tweak a file in the shop with this policy is a dream and just about makes my day. . I cannot begin to complain loud enough over another package requiring me to carry a dongle between the shop and the design office.