load error

bonds47

load error

Post by bonds47 »

Each time I try to run Vcarve pro 5.5 to my new shark pro, I get a "load error". When selecting the g-code when saving my toolpath, I do select CNCShark - USB (inch) (*tap). However, I did notice that when saving the project in Vcarve pro 5.5, the only selection available is a (*crv). Is this what is going wrong. If so, how do I get the (*tap) to be available. I have gone to the website and downloaded the CNCShark - USB (inch) (*tap) to the Vcarve pro 5.5 program as suggested in the website. need help.

Woodbutcher-59
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt 3'x5'x6"

Re: load error

Post by Woodbutcher-59 »

Well, I don't run a Shark and I'm not sure if there is a question in there but I'm gonna give it a shot...

When you save a project in VCP 5.5, it is saved as a .crv file.

When you create g-code for your toolpaths, you will pick which postprocessor (or PP) will be used to generate the code,
in your case the "CNCShark - USB (inch) (*tap)" postprocessor. Then when you save your toolpath file, the PP will taylor the code for your machine and save it as a .tap file. This is the file(s) you send to the Shark to cut.

A VCP 5.5 .crv file contains your vector artwork and your toolpath setup info but not the resulting Gcode (.tap) files.

Does this help ??

Jeff
Aspire 12
Mach 3

" I'm tryin to think but nothin happens " - Curly Howard

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

It does help, but it just confirms what I have been doing. I just tried to do a project in cut 3D and I got the same thing. "load error". I've checked all the connections, made sure the card is in correctly, etc. I'm beginning to think it isn't me. Any more suggestions? Any one running a shark pro live within 200 miles of Mobile, AL? I'm willing to drive to get a lesson.

Woodbutcher-59
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Homebuilt 3'x5'x6"

Post by Woodbutcher-59 »

I am assuming that you have cut something successfully with this machine before the trouble started.

If so, then I agree with Dr When in your other thread on this matter. Try a different SD card, I used to use them
for file transfers between computers and had some problems with certain cards....Never figured out why....

Jeff
Aspire 12
Mach 3

" I'm tryin to think but nothin happens " - Curly Howard

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

I'm heading Best Buy for a new SD card. I agree, what else can it be? I have only cut 1 successful item since getting my new shark. I realize there is a high chance of operator error :oops: , but I have read, read, looked at all connections, read again and again. . . so, hopefully the new card will be it! I will post later on today if it worked, or not! Thanks for the comeback, stay close, this is all new to me.

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

Before you spend money on a new card, open My Computer and right click on the SD card and select Format. What can it hurt.

Unless it is one of the real off-name brand cards, they typically don't fail or give any problems.

Tim

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

Hi Tim, I got your message but too late. I bought a new card. Now it works. Seems the card was bad. Thanks to all. :D

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by tmerrill »

I would still try to format it, you may end up with a good spare card.