CNC shark pro load error

bonds47

CNC shark pro load error

Post by bonds47 »

Finally got my new shark pro up and sortof running. I attempted to run a design with Vcarve PRo 5.5 but kept getting a "load error". This design was vector 3d art from vectorart 3D. Finally I closed the Vcard program and ran just the Vector Art 3D Machinist program and the CNC did work. I went back and opened my job in Vcard Pro 5.5 and still got the load error. The post processor used is CNCShark-USB_arc (inch)(*.tap). or something real close to that. I just can't figure out what is wrong. I've used the Rockler Techincal Notes to go by but the item #3 under Operating Example is not set up like my Shark. Help Please.

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Re: CNC shark pro load error

Post by dr_when »

Hi,

I am not sure I understand your problem entirely. Are you getting the error when loading a toolpath (.tap) into the Shark's control program or when loading a file into Vcarve? I don't believe you can load any 3D files into Vcarve as it is not a 3D program. I believe 3D Machinist is however.
Bob

"He's no fun, he fell right over" - Firesign Theatre

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

Hi Bob,
I carved a shell pattern with 3d machinist and wanted to add some curved type using Vcarve pro 5.5. When i tried to send the type to the CNC, I got the load error code. I have re-loaded the Vcarve program. I've made a new "project" and just started over, still got the "load error". :shock:

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Post by dr_when »

Hi,

You still didn't answer the main question... are you getting the load error from Vcarve or from the Shark's control software? Two different programs.

You must generate a toolpath in Vcarve and then save it using a post processor for the Shark. Then go into the Shark's control program and load that file you just saved.

If the load error you are getting is from the Shark's control software, you must not have used the correct Post Processor, though it sounds like you have. You cannot load a toolpath file back into Vcarve as it is a file Vcarve generates for the CNC.
Bob

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

The error is from the shark control panel. I have used the pp: CNCShark - USB (inch) (*tap).

dr_when
Vectric Wizard

Post by dr_when »

Hmm, how about trying a different SD card in your controller. Maybe something happened to the format on the one in there. I honestly have not ever gotten a load error on my Shark.

Does the controller always accept the file generated from 3D Machinist ?
Bob

bonds47

Post by bonds47 »

Thanks to all who tried to help me with this load error message. When I replaced the SD card, IT WORKED JUST FINE!!! It was a new card that came with the shark, but it must have been a bad one. Thanks for the suggestion.
Diane :D