shark pro drivers

gillzilla
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: axyz 7012

shark pro drivers

Post by gillzilla »

well just got my shark pro together, now i'm fighting the software. post processors were a snap as well as down loading the shark control panel, but when it came to installing the drivers they wont install. i know they are in the folder {86} as i can look in and see the file, but no luck with the installation. any ideas?

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: shark pro drivers

Post by mezalick »

This was the path that worked for me.
Michael

C:\CNCShark\CNC Shark Control 1.01\CNC Shark Control 1.01\USB Driver\x86
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

gillzilla
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gillzilla »

michael,
thanks for the input, seems to be the same path i was using, but i'll give it another go. thanks for the input, it's always appreciated.
brant

gillzilla
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gillzilla »

well i think i figured out the problem, i'm running windows 7 and it doesn't seem to recognize the drivers as being drivers.
i set up my old xp program as a sub system on my computer and it loaded the xp driver like a charm. up and running except for a z axis glitch (plus or minus makes it go down in z axis). i figure theres a wiring issue. i hope this helps anyone running windows 7 that is having an issue.

gillzilla
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gillzilla »

well a great big thank you to al and chris at rockler, the had me open the processor case and check the clipped in wires for the z-axis. one was not making the contact it should have. 5 minutes and all was running as it should.

gillzilla
Vectric Apprentice

Post by gillzilla »

well a couple of new updates, got windows 7 to accept the driver by stopping at having the usb file highlighted rather than going to the actual one i wanted, it seems that if done this way windows 7 will pick the one that's needed on it's own. next issue was if i tried to run a file from the sd card it wouldn't load anything, and if i tried to run it from my computer (load g code) it would crash the shark control panel. finally figured out that i needed 2 copies, one on the sd card and one on the computer. then the steps are 1. load g file (from copy on computer) 2. press run from sd card.
this runs the file. i sure hope this makes things easier for anyone following in my footsteps.