Software issues

demersdc@evcohs.com

Software issues

Post by demersdc@evcohs.com »

New user to VCarve Pro and cnc machining. Just purchased a Romax H1 and Vcarve Pro software. I have down loaded and installed Mach3, and Vcarve software and ran the sample programs and the tutorial programs and everything worked great. But I'm not sure about the post processor list in Vcarve Pro. I don't know which post processor I should use because I'm now having problems that may not be related to the processor. When I try a sample carving or when I create a simple carving like just a word, the toolpaths are saved in Vcarve but when I ask mach3 to load the G-codes the window that shows the drawing and toolpaths only a portion of the drawing is there and if I run the program it stops where the toolpath reaches the end of the cutoff carving. I have tried many times and the result is the same even with different post processors. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks Novice Dave.

tmerrill
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Re: Software issues

Post by tmerrill »

Dave,

Mach 3 has a line limit until your copy is registered or the license property installed on your computer. Could this be the problem?

There have been other threads about this. I'll see if I can find them and post the links.

Tim

start with this thread:

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic. ... emo#p49365

demersdc@evcohs.com

Post by demersdc@evcohs.com »

demersdc@evcohs.com wrote:New user to VCarve Pro and cnc machining. Just purchased a Romax H1 and Vcarve Pro software. I have down loaded and installed Mach3, and Vcarve software and ran the sample programs and the tutorial programs and everything worked great. But I'm not sure about the post processor list in Vcarve Pro. I don't know which post processor I should use because I'm now having problems that may not be related to the processor. When I try a sample carving or when I create a simple carving like just a word, the toolpaths are saved in Vcarve but when I ask mach3 to load the G-codes the window that shows the drawing and toolpaths only a portion of the drawing is there and if I run the program it stops where the toolpath reaches the end of the cutoff carving. I have tried many times and the result is the same even with different post processors. Maybe I'm doing something wrong so any suggestions would be helpfull. Thanks Novice Dave.
tmerrill wrote:Dave,

Mach 3 has a line limit until your copy is registered or the license property installed on your computer. Could this be the problem?

There have been other threads about this. I'll see if I can find them and post the links.

Tim

start with this thread:

http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic. ... emo#p49365

zeeway
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Self-built

Post by zeeway »

Trial version of Mach3 is limited to 500 lines of Gcode.