Jog issue -Windows 7

Jim_Nestor
Vectric Apprentice

Jog issue -Windows 7

Post by Jim_Nestor »

CNC Shark - VCarvePro version 5.504 - Anyone have this happen? I updated to a HP Mini laptop with Windows 7, installed the control panel- first vcredist_x86.exe than CNC Shark Control 1_4 from the Next Wave site per instructions of: Windows 7 or Vista update Drivers.PDF. Works OK but I have a JOG problem. I fire up the panel and it jogs just fine in all 3 gears but as soon as I load a G file it only jogs about 1/2 the speed of slow in any of the gears. It will move to 0,0,0 normally, will carve normally but will not jog the way it should. I tried my old computer with Windows XP and control panel version 1.0 and everything works the way it should.
My work around for now is to re-boot the control panel each time I need to jog and also changed my habits to jog close BEFORE I load Gcode.
I will e-mail Tim @ Next Wave but any help from out there is appreciated
Thanks, Jim

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Jog issue -Windows 7

Post by Adrian »

Have you checked the code to make sure there are no commands in there that are resetting the jog speed?

Not sure about the Shark but it's certainly possible on other machines I've used.

Jim_Nestor
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Jim_Nestor »

I got a reply from Tim @ Next Wave :"We are aware of this issue and will have an update to the controller soon"
Jim

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

I too have heard from Next Wave about a fix....... It has been a bug long time, but the good news are some new products like a dust boot and a probe. They say this month on the software fix and new toy options. Lets hope they make good on the promise.

rej
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 2014 roc-tech 4x8 with servos

Post by rej »

If someone like shopbot would buy them out, then i might buy a shark pro again.
Their website talks about how commited they are to their customers, but I would grade the company a c-.
I would grade the shark pro an a-.
They have sold the shark long enough to hire someone to answer the phone.
http://www.3dsigncamp.com
http://www.roctechusacnc.com

Jim_Nestor
Vectric Apprentice

Post by Jim_Nestor »

GaryR6- where did you see/hear about the dustboot & probe?
Jim N

GaryR6
Vectric Wizard

Post by GaryR6 »

I was Banging on Next Wave for a patch on the bug you noted. When It failed to appear ( more than a few months), I went to Rockler for support on the product they sell.
Next Wave responded
" Gary,
The Probe will be available around feb 1. We will also have a new controller at
that time for Vista/windows 7.
Dust collector will be towards the end of Feb.
Tim, Next Wave "
Rockler also responded,
"Yes, we expect these to be handled by Rockler. No dated yet though on when these will be able to be purchased."

So there you go, Hope I guess, although it is the Feb 11th and Rockler does not seem ready to take my money yet.
As a poster said, Pretty good machine, need a better support from the factory. They should take a hint from Shop Bot.