I posted on mach forum and thought I would try here as well?

moto633
Vectric Wizard

I posted on mach forum and thought I would try here as well?

Post by moto633 »

Hi all,
This is a question for the mach users, I hope someone can help!!

I was cutting a 3d piece from vector art (lady justice). And I installed a clamping block on the lower part of the carving after it had carved that area to keep the part from floating. When it was finished at her head it traversed back down to her feet to finish something down there and hit the clamp block and broke my 1/8th ballnose :( and also caused everything to lose position.

I got a new tool and rezeed everything. I scrolled down through the gcode till I found the line I want to restart from and hit run from here button (line 215420) I then start my spindle and hit cyclestart and the prepmove box pops up with coordinence for line 84000 and I hit ok and it starts from that line insted of the line I ask it to.
Do I need to input XYZ for line 215420 in the prep move box to get it to start from there???
What is the reason for the prep move box???

Thanks for your time,
Nick

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Re: I posted on mach forum and thought I would try here as well?

Post by gravirozo »

hello

the prepmove warning you anyway, if your tool would not be over the point you broke, and your tool willmove on a straight line from the actual point...

if this actual point and the "startpoint" you want to continue from, between them a "block" still you can do something... it's only protect you agains break your tool, machine and damage part...

thanks
viktor

moto633
Vectric Wizard

Post by moto633 »

So how do I get it to start from the line I pushed "run from here" on??
I just don't want it to go over the whole part again.

Thanks,
Nick

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

after you pushed space key, hold move... you pus run...
IF the position is off, like it need to continouing.. then you get the preparing move, so if can see the movement is safe, then you can ok, on the preparing move...
after it move to the "start" and you press again start...

it is for your machine safety, and sur e you don't damage your part

thanks
viktor

this function also good when you see something off, and you want to stop the program... if you stop with escape, or stop button, the program immediately STOP without slow down, and your controller will not know "where is " the tool...

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Post by metalworkz »

Hello,
If you need to stop and restart from where the machine is, use the 'Feed Hold' button. This works very good for pausing the machine and restarting right where it is, but to end the work and restart another day you will probably have to use the 'Run from here' option. If the machine is stopped during a subroutine there may be problems restarting with the 'Run from here' option also. It may be that the program was stopped and the toolpath was only partially processed, so Mach will most likely restart at the beginning of that movement. There is a lot of specific information to be found on the Mach support site:

http://www.machsupport.com
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

ManitobaKeith
Vectric Wizard

Post by ManitobaKeith »

Hi Nick,
You can get it to start from a specific line, by typing the line number in the RUN FROM line, in your case, 21542 - drop the last 0 of 215420. That SHOULD take you where you want to be. It does depend as others have said on exactly where in the code you are, so look for a good entry point near the point you want to be. I have done this a few times, but not often enough to be proficient at it - fortunately :lol:
Keith
It is not only what we do,but also what we do not do,for which we are accountable-Jean Moliere

moto633
Vectric Wizard

Post by moto633 »

Thank you ALL!! :lol:

I finally got it to work with a mixture of your suggestions and it turned out pretty well.

Thanks again this forum is great!
Nick