AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

wrexler
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

Post by wrexler »

Newb here...

I recently acquired a AXYZ 4008, with the old style control box, using AXYZ Toolpath to send jobs.
I have tried all the AXYZ post processors listed in the VCarve software, and most of them "Work" my problem is that toolpath seems to strip a lot of the setup done in VCarve out of the file.
The biggest issue is the material size, Toolpath only registers the extents of the job loaded, I then have to enter in the material size and attempt to compute the offsets manually. Am I missing something? this seems very counter intuitive. It also strips the selected tool RPM,
Toolpath seems very powerful given the deceptively simple interface, but I want to do the setup work in VCarve. I have seen posts about using a DNC program to download the nc file directly to the controller, but my setup didn't come with that, and I have read that AXYZ no longer supports that.

Any help is appreciated :D

adze_cnc
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

Post by adze_cnc »

Too late in the day to answer this. I'll have a go at it on Monday morning.

But for now: before we switched to a2mc I would use the TPWin program for 2D jobs and ArtCAM (at first) then Cut3D (later) to create 3D jobs and would use TPWin to send the g-code to the 4008.

Steven

OtherSoftwareGuy
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ

Re: AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

Post by OtherSoftwareGuy »

wrexler wrote:Newb here...

I recently acquired a AXYZ 4008, with the old style control box, using AXYZ Toolpath to send jobs.
I have tried all the AXYZ post processors listed in the VCarve software, and most of them "Work" my problem is that toolpath seems to strip a lot of the setup done in VCarve out of the file.
The biggest issue is the material size, Toolpath only registers the extents of the job loaded, I then have to enter in the material size and attempt to compute the offsets manually. Am I missing something? this seems very counter intuitive. It also strips the selected tool RPM,
Toolpath seems very powerful given the deceptively simple interface, but I want to do the setup work in VCarve. I have seen posts about using a DNC program to download the nc file directly to the controller, but my setup didn't come with that, and I have read that AXYZ no longer supports that.

Any help is appreciated :D
Do you have the original disc that Toolpath came on? If so, if you browse it you should see a DNC folder on there. If it is there, use this to transfer to the CNC rather than using Toolpath. Toolpath will as you have seen reconfigure the nc file so it can spew out another nc file!? Using DNC just sends the nc file straight to the CNC.