Post Processing vendors

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Re: Post Processing vendors

Post by TSM2018 »

Gerry, the router is still disconnected I have that missing pin from the DB9 connector that has not been successfully removed from Gecko540 - otherwise I would try this immediately. So you think if the motors are running it isn't broke and I should try this? Nothing has been easy in this process.

I need a Gecko surgeon. Does anyone make house calls in Northern Indiana? WANTED CNC doctor. At this point in life my family has taken a vote and they think I should outsource all my projects, and they are considering an intervention, or legal separation which involves selling my router.

That little lizard Dude with the cool car on the tele, appears pretty smart- a talking lizard - perhaps he does house calls and can talk to my Gecko540.

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Your feedrate is WAY WAY too fast for your machine

Your setting of 100 mm/sec is equivilent to 236 inches per minute. That will certainly be a problem. My guess is that your machine is losing steps in the "X" axis.

The website for your machine states 100 inches per minute as a cutting speed, but in my opinion even that is too fast.

I don't know what units of measure you are accustomed to so I will list two. They are all equivelent - same - just in different units.

For the last 30 years I have used in/min so that is what I am accustomed to.

25 mm/sec
59 in/min
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

TSM2018
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: DWC2440,TaigCNCMill,Dellta3003d, Epilog

Post by TSM2018 »

Whiteside SC66 Tool Specs.JPG
Sorry about that, should not multi-task during the day and I'll try and be serious. I'm really safety conscious, but not evident with that post. Here is a picture of WS SC66 file that I used as my basis for the WS SC64. I will edit the WS SC64.
Thankfully, I have not used the router since I was editing those toolpath profiles.

I was playing with the tool path files over the weekend - Trying to make everything consistent and was having problems with the software's defaults. I will pay more attention to the edited and saved changes. The router has not been connected to the Gecko since last Saturday morning so there has been no harm, since I found the missing pins, I haven't re-assembled, and as of now I only got one of the two pins out of the female connection of the Gecko540.

236 inches per minute would be a little scary, ok that woke me up. That probably would be an unhappy tool bit ending with less then 20 minutes of cutting time on it. I've only broke one router bit in all my life.
I need to remember that the rest of the world may not revolve around an imperial measuring system and will watch.

I apologize - I'll try and put everything back together tomorrow and will enter the changes that Gerry suggest in Mach 3, and will report back. I would love for this suggestion to fix the problem.