Corel Draw

captmike
Model of CNC Machine: shapeoko 3 xxl

Corel Draw

Post by captmike »

What are the advantages of Corel Draw? I want to import JPEG pictures from the web. I use VCarve Pro 9.5 and I found that when I turn the photo to vectors, the vector lines are broken and the image is incomplete. Will Corel Draw fix this? Thanks Mike

nicksilva
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: ULS M300, Rockler 60th Ann. Shark

Re: Corel Draw

Post by nicksilva »

I've used corel draw for years. in combination with the corel paint (part of the same suite), I've
successfully converted over 8000 images in my time, with better accuracy than I get from Aspire.
cheers!
"Out of my mind. Back in 5 Minutes."

dhellew2
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Legacy Artisan 72 and AVID CNC Rotary

Post by dhellew2 »

Corel draw is a graphics probram therefore designed to do graphics so it does have more tracing tools. Each has their own purposes. I too often use Corel to trace before importing into Aspire.
What Aspire does well, Corel does not.
Dale
You will get old if you live long enough!
Young = time, no money
Old = money, no time
Dale

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

There are lots of different tracing tools out there. I've beta tested some which are the same price as VCarve and all they do is automatically trace images.

One thing to bear in mind is that tracing in a lot of graphics packages is aimed at producing a trace that is visually correct not one that is meant for another program to read and produce toolpaths from. With many images of the type that would be used for CNC work that is not an issue but with complex colour photographs it can be.