Sufficient permission

franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Sufficient permission

Post by franazzo »

Hi All
Is anybody else having the problem in v-carve desktop and universal g-code sender in which for some reason, I get the error message: does this current user have sufficient permission? What is this referring to?
I am using a Shapeoko 3 CNC and I do the g-code with my v-carve desktop.

lsvien
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Re: Sufficient permission

Post by lsvien »

What operating system are you running?

On first blush it sounds to me like it is some kind of operating system permissions error rather than a software issue with V-Carve. A screen shot of the error message might be helpful in determining who, (the OS, V-Carve, or g-code sender) is putting up the error message. A couple of things come to mind, open up permissions to full on each of the executables and all sub directories. Run the programs as administrator with full privileges and see if that makes the error go away.
Mother Nature always bats last!

franazzo
Model of CNC Machine: Shapeoko 3

Re: Sufficient permission

Post by franazzo »

lsvien wrote:What operating system are you running?

On first blush it sounds to me like it is some kind of operating system permissions error rather than a software issue with V-Carve. A screen shot of the error message might be helpful in determining who, (the OS, V-Carve, or g-code sender) is putting up the error message. A couple of things come to mind, open up permissions to full on each of the executables and all sub directories. Run the programs as administrator with full privileges and see if that makes the error go away.
Thanks Isvien, I will get back to you.