Aspire DXF file not showing bogbones in AXYZ Toolpath

Ldc1982
Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008 & KUKA KR240L180

Aspire DXF file not showing bogbones in AXYZ Toolpath

Post by Ldc1982 »

Hi All,

My headaches continue with my AXYZ 4008 router. I am still struggling to solve my error 331 issue when running this file through DNC. So I thought I would save the vector out of aspire and then load it in AXYZ's toolpath software and see if I could get it to work from there. I am able to load the DXF into toolpath and get it to run on the router, but it is not showing the dog bone reliefs in the corners when loaded in toolpath. I'm not sure this is an issue on the aspire side I think it is possibly a problem with toolpath. I have been able to load the aspire dxf into artcam/CATIA/Inventor and it loads fine with dog bones.

Has anyone else suffered with DXF issues when using toolpath software?
birds mouth.jpg
Liam

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: Aspire DXF file not showing bogbones in AXYZ Toolpath

Post by Mark »

Hello Liam,

I am afraid that I am not 100% sure what you are doing.
The Axyz post processors for the Axyz machines output toolpaths with a .nc file extension, not dxf.

Email a copy of your CRV3D file into us at support and we will try to assist.

Many thanks in advance.

gmmons

Re: Aspire DXF file not showing bogbones in AXYZ Toolpath

Post by gmmons »

I was able to duplicate the issue at hand. Your trouble is that the the radius of the cut out bit is too large i.e use a smaller diameter bit. I exported a dxf file from Design CAD Software into Aspire. Using a .25 end mill (same problem). Changed cutout bit to a smaller .0625 Wa La it worked see Attachment (Sorry I didn't cut all the way through).
Attachments
Dog Bone.JPG