Reverse mose wheel zoom?

mkeyes
Model of CNC Machine: Shop Sabre

Reverse mose wheel zoom?

Post by mkeyes »

Hi all. Anyone know if it's possible to reverse mouse wheel zoom direction in VCarve Pro? I would love to match zoom direction to my other CAD programs. Thanks a million.
Michael Keyes
www.keyesmarineinteriors.com

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Reverse mose wheel zoom?

Post by Adrian »

Not in the software itself although you might be able to do it via the settings for your mouse depending which make it is.

Seems a bit odd to want to make moving the wheel forward zoom out. I use several different design and drawing programs alongside the Vectric ones and they all zoom in the same way as VCarve does.

mtylerfl
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: -CarveWright CNC -ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha

Post by mtylerfl »

mkeyes wrote:Hi all. Anyone know if it's possible to reverse mouse wheel zoom direction in VCarve Pro? I would love to match zoom direction to my other CAD programs. Thanks a million.
I know what you mean. Seems there is no "standard" between software developers. I prefer the Vectric software mouse wheel zoom direction. Unfortunately, another design program I use frequently is exactly opposite. I think the developers thought rolling the mouse forward is akin to "pushing away" instead of "rolling in" to zoom.
Michael Tyler

facebook.com/carvebuddy

-CarveWright CNC
-ShopBot Buddy PRSAlpha CNC

Kayvon
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark

Post by Kayvon »

This may be a horrible solution, but is it possible to change the mouse wheel in your other CAD program to conform with VCarve? It'll take some getting used to, but at least they'll behave consistently.

stephenr
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot PRS Standard 48x96

Post by stephenr »

I'm in the same boat. All my other programs are set opposite to Vectric, but at least they all have the option to reverse the zoom direction if needed. It sure would be nice to have that option. I use multiple 3D Engineering programs at work as well, so reversing them to match Vectric is not an option. I have been using them far too long to change now .

Thank you,
Stephen R.