Yesterday things worked fine. Today, not. I tried to cut a toolpath after I had gotten a new bit. I entered the bit in the DB just like others. Saved the toolpath just like others. The material setup is at 0,0 datum. The preview shows it perfectly. The actual piece, not. I had cut this exact same toolpath before, with a different bit, no problem.
1. The spindle did not turn on - it was turned on at the machine, but when I ran the cut it did not come on. I didn't know it because of the dust boot and vac noise until after. Note - the spindle came on and ran fine during the warmup routine just before.
2. The 0,0 points were not the same. Software was at bottom left corner. What actually happened looked like something, either software or machine, thought X,0 was in the middle.
3. I had X,Y zeroed the machine to the bottom left corner before running the cut.
4. The red diagonal line in the preview is because I have my machine set to return to the middle of the cutting area, and that's also where it starts.
Pics and cut file attached. Baffled.
- V-Carve NS 60 1-4 010 tip Ons.txt
- (213.15 KiB) Downloaded 39 times