losing steps

Mikie505
Model of CNC Machine: DIY CNC Router

losing steps

Post by Mikie505 »

I need HELP!!!
I am running Mach3 on my DIY machine and after talking with them many time we can't seem to find out what the problems is. I have checked everything for tightness and all my connections. I run a program and at different points the machine makes wrong cuts. I have checked the motor tuning, controllers, ball screws and all that stuff still no answer. The guy at Mach3 said go to Vectric Forum and ask if there is anything in the software that will you to do "fitted curves or something like that". I am at a dead point......Please HELP!!
Mike

ger21
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Custom DIY

Re: losing steps

Post by ger21 »

First, post a pic of what's happening, and the specs on all the components your using, and even a pic of the machine.

Generally, lost steps, are due to trying to run the machine faster than it's capable of moving. But, they can also be caused by a variety of things. Software would be last on that list.
Gerry - http://www.thecncwoodworker.com

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Post by Leo »

Rapid changes in direction could do it also. Like in Z moves where the Z moves up to reposition then back down to the workpiece. Acel and Decel can help with that.

BUT - that's just a generalization.

You need to tell us more detail.

Pictures help a lot.

A youtube video is even better.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

armbrusterco
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Roland MDX-40A

Post by armbrusterco »

A good grounding system for your machine, controller, dust collection, etc. often solves issues that are puzzling and intermittent.
Bob Armbruster
www.ArmbrusterCo.com

AlbertaClipper
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Home Built

Post by AlbertaClipper »

Are you using the correct Post Processor?

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

As Ger21 & Leo have said you need to provide a lot more detail & some pictures, there are so many different factors to take into account anyone trying to help without any more detail is just guessing. Have you posted on the mach3 forum about this or speaking to someone on the phone/email ? The mach forum is a helpful place but they are going to ask for the same sort of detail people on here are asking for :lol: :lol: