Virtual Zero

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Virtual Zero

Post by Barry Anderson »

I'm back with another question. I have began using the virtual zero function while cutting some of my projects. I replaced the spoil board on the machine. Not too surprising but the surface is not perfectly flat. I am finding the virtual zero on the spoil board and setting the zero on the project at the bottom of the material. This worked well while running the toolpath multiple times last night. I am going to cut another project today and want to set the zero at the bottom of the material. When loading the file and hitting "run virtual zero", I am asked: Would you like to use existing file preference virtual settings. My question is: If I answer yes, would it then use the measurements found when checking the spoil board originally? Or are those numbers just used for the file they were created with? I am thinking the measurements found originally, but would like some verification.

Thanks
Barry

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Virtual Zero

Post by FixitMike »

This is a question for NWA, not Vectric. They are the ones that wrote the virtual zero program, which is unique to Shark controllers. They have a document on their site which does a pretty good job of explaining the virtual zero. It may answer your question.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Re: Virtual Zero

Post by Barry Anderson »

you are correct. Thanks
barry