Windows 10 problems

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Windows 10 problems

Post by MarkJohnston »

I upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 a few days ago. The update seem to work without a problem but I'm having a few problems now.

When I try to download a file from the Vectric forum or the Vectric's projects of the month it looks like it's going to do it and then just comes back to the screen that shows the file to be downloaded. It doesn't say it downloaded or if I use the search to find the file it says it's not there. I did this all the time in windows 7 and you could see the file downloaded and displayed in the downloaded folder. I know this isn't a Vectric problem but thought maybe someone here could help.

Window 10 doesn't automatically sign me on to the Vectric forum anymore. I have to reenter my username and my password even though I have it checked to "log me on automatically each visit" box, again it worked in windows 7.

A few other problems but I'm watching the tutorials and hope to find the answers there. By the way I'm running the latest 8.5 software, I know that doesn't matter but just throwing it out there.

Anyone know how to fix these issues?

Mark

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Re: Windows 10 problems

Post by JoeM »

The login might not be your fault. I'm on Windows 10 too and have the box checked to automatically logged in, but starting sometime in the last week the vectric site keeps logging me off when I leave if I'm gone for any length of time. Other sites aren't doing it to me, just them.

I had issues with my downloads too when I first switched. It was a browser problem. I thought I had the same version of firefox, but apparently I had the windows 10 "app" version and had to spend a week trying to find the right settings to get it to look and act somewhat close to what I had before the "upgrade."

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Which browser are you using? That's more important than the version of Windows. I've upgraded a lot of people to Windows 10 and installed Firefox or Chrome and they can't tell any difference. Friends who have done it themselves and are using the built in Edge browser hate it as so much doesn't work properly with that browser.

So basically use FireFox or Chrome or Internet Explorer 11 rather than Edge and it will most likely solve the issue.

JoeM
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shop-Made Router

Post by JoeM »

Can't speak for the OP, but I'm using Firefox and started having the logon problem in the last week.
It just now in the last half hour upgraded itself to 47.0.1 so there's a possibility it upgraded to 47.0.0 last week and there is/was a bug.

MarkJohnston
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CAMaster MC4848

Post by MarkJohnston »

Adrian after I updated chrome, made it my default, and rebooted my machine the download and sign on to the web sites worked ok.

Going through tutorials to learn more but I think it's going to be ok.

Thanks for the help.

Mark