usb connection

buckeyes66
Model of CNC Machine: cnc shark

usb connection

Post by buckeyes66 »

I have been having problems losing connection from control box to computer while cutting project. I have tried a new usb cord and still same thing. Sometimes it will work and other times I lose the connection

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: usb connection

Post by martin54 »

Have you tried asking this question on the shark forum? You may find you get a better response to this type of question on there as there will be a lot more shark users.

http://www.cncsharktalk.com/

Barry Anderson
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: Shark

Post by Barry Anderson »

buckeyes66 wrote:I have been having problems losing connection from control box to computer while cutting project. I have tried a new usb cord and still same thing. Sometimes it will work and other times I lose the connection
I have had the same problem with one of my laptops, a Lenovo. Even connecting often took many tries. I tried my wifes HP and it worked better. I purchased a refurbished Dell, as a backup and it connects the first time, every time, and never loses connection. My Lenovo(1 year old) already with a multitude of problems, decided to have the screen go out and crashed, so I replaced it with an Asus. It seems to be working the way it should connecting and maintaining the connection. My computer guy thinks it may be the manufacturers using different USB ports. The Lenovo never seemed to have a tight connection. The others do. Hope this helps. At least you know you're not the only one with this problem.

Barry Anderson

Martin Reid
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Shopbot

Post by Martin Reid »

Dear Barry

We used to get 'missing coms' errors and stoppages on our Shopbot PRS Alpha. We traced it to some operators removing the USB memory stick (containing the part files) without using windows 'safely remove USB' option. Since insisting on the use of this procedure we have not had a 'missing coms' error and secure USB connections.

In good faith
Martin

PS The Shopbot uses a USB port as coms port