USB not recognized USB malfunctioned - need a little help

SCHLOTZHAUER
Model of CNC Machine: shark

USB not recognized USB malfunctioned - need a little help

Post by SCHLOTZHAUER »

USB not recognized USB malfunctioned, windows does not recognize it. Have had cnc shark for several months and am getting along ok. Every problem to date has been something to do with software(my end) and machining. I'm starting to think something is not right with my machine, i have tried different usb cables with all the same resolute. Open program to start g-code, after a few seconds the usb malfunctions. It has happened in middle of tooling and have to push red button to shut down. Does anyone have a solution to this problem. Thank you for helping. This cnc has only operated for a total of 13 hours.

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Re: USB NOT RECOGNIZED USB MALFUNCTIONED- NEED A LITTLE HELP

Post by martin54 »

Not sure I fully understand what you are doing, sounds like you are trying to run g-code directly from computer rather than using the CNC's control software. Have you tried loading the g-code into the control software via usb stick (flash drive) rather than from computer using usb cable?
Sorry not familiar with shark CNC control software.

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

SCHLOTZHAUER wrote:USB NOT RECOGNIZED USB MALFUNCTIONED, WINDOWS DOES NOT RECOGNIZE IT. HAVE HAD CNC SHARK FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND AM GETTING ALONG OK. EVERY PROBLEM TO DATE HAS BEEN SOMETHING TO DO WITH SOFTWARE(MY END) AND MACHINING. I'M STARTING TO THINK SOMETHING IS NOT RIGHT WITH MY MACHINE, I HAVE TRIED DIFFERENT USB CABLES WITH ALL THE SAME RESOLUTE. OPEN PROGRAM TO START G-CODE, AFTER A FEW SECONDS THE USB MALFUNCTIONS. IT HAS HAPPENED IN MIDDLE OF TOOLING AND HAVE TO PUSH RED BUTTON TO SHUT DOWN. DOES ANYONE HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM. THANK YOU FOR HELPING. THIS CNC HAS ONLY OPERATED FOR A TOTAL OF 13 HOURS.
OK
Let's see if I can help you but first, please do not use capital letters, they are so difficult to read, especially when the sentences are running into each other.
1) Have you tested the USB on another computer to see whether it is OK?
2) Have you set the program to run directly from computer or USB?
3) Have you checked the screws in the joiner that they are really tight? You will need a tiny allen key. There are 2 screws in each joiner between the screw and the stepper motor and they are VERY tiny, I have replaced mine with cap screws.
4) If you are running the latest control program, you should load the G code into the machine, after a while it should ask you to press OK. After that the control box is no longer using the USB key, so it can safely be removed.
5) Are you using the correct .tap file? It is easy to accidentally press the wrong one. You should use either CNC-Shark USB inches or mm depending on what measuring system you are using.
6) At the back of the control box is a tiny memory card. Take it out and check it on another computer. You will probably need a conversion card to read it and it might be cheaper to just +buy another one and try to use it. I suggest you buy one with more memory as the original one is rather small in capacity. 16 mb if I remember correctly.
7) Join the CNC Shark forum http://www.cncsharktalk.com they are all Shark owners and can help you better with a Shark problem than the people here.
8) I doubt it would be the fuses as the box would not work at all then.
Hope this helps :)
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

fixtureman
Vectric Wizard

Post by fixtureman »

The first thing is to turn off all updates and keep the computer offline while it is running the router. try a usb hub to force the usb to keep running.

tonydude919
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: cnc mako shark ext bed with HD 5 gantry

Re: USB not recognized USB malfunctioned - need a little hel

Post by tonydude919 »

What will matter is not what you bought but what you built; not what you got, but what you gave

Ms Wolffie
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Blue Elephant 1325, Shark HD Pro

Post by Ms Wolffie »

Wonder whether he got it fixed?????
Cheers
Wolffie

Whatshammacallit
Cut3D, VCarvePro 6.5, Aspire4, PhotoVCarve, Corel Graphics Suite X6

jdsmith1000
Model of CNC Machine: Shark HD 3

Post by jdsmith1000 »

Wolffie, I'd like to know if he got it fixed! I'm wondering if I can us a flash drive to transfer a design from my mac computer in my office to a pc laptop dedicated to my Shark HD3.