Please help. Vcarve file not being cut correctly in mach 3

Scott13
Model of CNC Machine: Eagle plasma

Please help. Vcarve file not being cut correctly in mach 3

Post by Scott13 »

PLEASE HELP.
I purchased mach3 about a year ago and everything has always worked fine. Just recently I save a tool path as mach2/3 arcs inch (tap) and when I load it into mach3 the preview looks perfect but my cuts aren't correct. When I cut I get a very different cut out than what is designed. Sometimes I end up with sporadic random cuts l, uneven cuts, and recently while cutting a 12" arrow for a customer had the different length sides. I originally thought it could be machine chatter so I rechecked all belts, sprockets, and motors and the problem was still there. Deciding it was a problem with mach3 I loaded a fresh copy and the problem was still there. Just last night inloaded mach3 on a new computer and still the same problem. My previous files all worked fine but something is now wrong every time. Is it possible for vcarve's post processor types to become corrupt? I struggling because the preview in mach3 still looks good. Please help with any suggestions.

knowlzy0791
Vectric Craftsman
Model of CNC Machine: PAE 110SD Series/Mach3 Software

Re: Please help. Vcarve file not being cut correctly in mach

Post by knowlzy0791 »

Sounds most like material movement. I don't know about post processing but I know I get a lot of movement from vibrations while cutting or cut material getting under the material allowing it to slide around or raise up.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

Highly unlikely that something has gone wrong with the post processors. They are just text files that are checked when VCarve is started so if there was corruption it would likely fail those checks.

Are you using the same post processor you were using before? Maybe the one you were using before had been modified for your setup.

From the description of your problems with the cuts it sounds more like lost steps from a machine problem or pushing it too fast.

Scott13
Model of CNC Machine: Eagle plasma

Post by Scott13 »

I am pretty sure that material movement isnt an issue. I have everything screwed down and clamped down extremely tight. I am extremely confused by the fact that the files used to work fine and now with a modification none of them work. To make it even more confusing I sent my CRV file to a friend who also has a CNC machine and Vcarve who calculated a new tool path as a ngc file and sent it back to me and my part cut out perfect. Don't know if it was a fluke or if I'm finally on to something. Any other comments or thoughts would be very very appreciated. Thank you everybody for your help

CharlieP
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: Saimsmart CNC

Post by CharlieP »

Hello Scott,

If you would like to send in your .crv project file and both the GCode you created and the GCode your friend created we can have a look at it here in support for you.
Support@vectric.com

Many Thanks.
Charlie

martin54
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: Gerber 48, Triac PC, Isel fixed gantry

Post by martin54 »

When you say previous files are now cutting incorrectly are these files you are re-toolpathing or are they old gcode files on the machine PC? Have you checked that you haven't occidentally changed to a different mach3 post processor? There are a number of them I know.
Try cutting old gcode files stored on the machine pc if you have any to see if these cut correctly, sure vectric support will sort it pretty quick now they have seen this.

djrad
Model of CNC Machine: Gryphon

Post by djrad »

I'm having a similar problem. Just cut out a round cribbage board that has 15" dimensions in VCarve Pro 8 but it cut out at 14.75". Set the pc to profile outside the vector. Also cut out a 9" square and it cut out an 1/8 inch smaller. Any help would be greatly appreciated!