Fonts

Horseshoe
Model of CNC Machine: Shark 2.1

Fonts

Post by Horseshoe »

I am having a couple of different problems with fonts. 1) First of all when I go into the software to choose what one I am going to use it doesn't show what exactly the style is. There is only generic looking examples across from each one. I cannot tell what one to use until I actually apply it in my design. Is there another way? 2) When I am programming a sign for example, the text on text, why do I get some letters that do not come out when I weld? 3) There have been times that out of no where the text gets lines carved through it even there was no tool path for it and I have to go back to the beginning and choose a different font.

Thanks!

FixitMike
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Shark Pro Plus (retired)

Re: Fonts

Post by FixitMike »

What program are you using? VCarve Pro shows an example of the font in the window where you select the font.
Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement.

KENYPETE
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Stinger ll

Post by KENYPETE »

Go online to "wordmark.it". This site will take the fonts on your computer and display them. If you want to see what certain words or letters look like you can type them in at the top center of the page and they will display in all your fonts.

Ken

TReischl
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 8020 48X36X7 RP 2022 UCCNC Screenset

Post by TReischl »

Horseshoe wrote:I am having a couple of different problems with fonts. 1) First of all when I go into the software to choose what one I am going to use it doesn't show what exactly the style is. There is only generic looking examples across from each one. I cannot tell what one to use until I actually apply it in my design. Is there another way? 2) When I am programming a sign for example, the text on text, why do I get some letters that do not come out when I weld? 3) There have been times that out of no where the text gets lines carved through it even there was no tool path for it and I have to go back to the beginning and choose a different font.

Thanks!
Fonts are not always what they seem. There are lots of bad fonts out there, especially in the free font download sites. They may itty bitty loops, and whatnot. That is usually what accounts for the problems you are describing.

But, to really help, we would need to see an example, without it we only have an idea of what you are having a problem with.
"If you see a good fight, get in it." Dr. Vernon Johns

signmarketingman
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Professional done home built.

Post by signmarketingman »

goto the font folder in windoes

you cab view how all the fonts look right in that folder..

There is a tab on the right upper where you can select what size icon you wish to see.