Job size exceeds standard limits - tiling in sheets

Johnbutch
Model of CNC Machine: Shark SD100

Job size exceeds standard limits - tiling in sheets

Post by Johnbutch »

I am getting the "Job size exceeds standard limits" error message when I attempt to save a tool path (see first picture below). to set the situation, I first had a design where I had 2 sheets in the design. I used tiling to do the first sheet which was larger than 25x25. When I finished that carve, I deleted the larger sheet from the file and "deleted all tiling data" saved the file and reopened it, moved the datum to the center and recalculated all toolpaths -- then attempted to save the "highlited tool path" then the error appeared. I also made certain that I hid the tile manager after deleting all tiling data.
Tiling error.pdf
(304.29 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Tiling error (2).pdf
(324 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
It seems to me that when the larger sheet was deleted from the file that the tiling data did not delete along with the sheet. Also strange is that even with the datum set to lower-left corner which tiling requires, the error stills appears when I try to save the toolpath.
Last edited by Johnbutch on Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Job size exceeds standard limits - tiling in sheets

Post by Adrian »

Did you check that there aren't any toolpaths associated with the deleted sheets?

Hard to say exactly what is going on without seeing the actual file rather than screenshots

Johnbutch
Model of CNC Machine: Shark SD100

Re: Job size exceeds standard limits - tiling in sheets

Post by Johnbutch »

I went back to the tool path window and displayed "All Sheets" and there WAS some toolpaths from the sheet I deleted so I deleted them; moved the datum back to center; recalculated all toolpaths and the first toolpath saved OK. So you solved my issue. I was wondering why when I deleted the sheet and I checked the "delete all sheet data" that the toolpaths did not also delete?

Thank You :D