Steppers won't power up with Mach3

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Vytek 4' X 8' - Perske Spindle - Mach3

Steppers won't power up with Mach3

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Running Mach3 on an XP machine with a Soigeneris STDR-4C controller.

After my hard drive failure, I'm getting close to being back up and running. I've got Mach3 installed, SmoothStepper, and my macropump all in the right place.

When I start Mach3, my steppers don't power up. I get a message on Mach3 that says there's an external estop request or my limit switches are active. I'm sure my estop switch isn't activated, and the X,Y,& Z limit tabs aren't near any of the limit switches. Below is an image of the error message I get. Anybody seen this before?

I have clicked the button that says "fix it for me...", but that doesn't fix it for me.
Aspire 9.5 - FlexiEXPERT 11 - Vytek Rebel 4' x 8' - 5HP Perske Spindle

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Steppers won't power up with Mach3

Post by Adrian »

I used to get that all the time on my old Mach3 machine when there was a break in the EStop wiring. I had stop switches at the ends of all the axis wired in series so any break tripped it.

If you go to the diagnostics page you should be able to see which pin is active.

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Adrian wrote:I used to get that all the time on my old Mach3 machine when there was a break in the EStop wiring. I had stop switches at the ends of all the axis wired in series so any break tripped it.

If you go to the diagnostics page you should be able to see which pin is active.
I'm not very good with Mach3. Here's a pic of my diasgnostics page. Does it tell you anything?

ChrisInEstes
Vectric Wizard

Post by ChrisInEstes »

Problem solved. There was an issue with SmoothStepper. It didn't install correctly. Jeff at Soigeneris figgured it out. Whew! I have 25 beer tap handles to route! :mrgreen: