Enlarging the width and length

DiMac Designs
Model of CNC Machine: Laguna

Enlarging the width and length

Post by DiMac Designs »

Is it possible to enlarge the width and length of a piece and have the contents move proportionately with the enlargement? In other words if I had a piece of material that was 12" wide with a groove down the middle, if I increased the width to 14" would the groove still be down the middle??

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: Enlarging the width and length

Post by Mark »

Hello,

You have not mentioned which software you are working with, but I am assuming VCarve Pro.

One way of doing what you ask, is to increase the width of the material within VCarve Pro,
by selecting "Edit > Job Size and Position"
If you wish the groove to be the same size, but just re-positioned, alter the width of the material and
check the "Center data in job" option. (assuming that your groove is also centered in Y within the material).

If the groove is not centered in Y within the job, do not check this box, just re-size your material and close the
Job Setup form, then select the vectors that define your groove (or all vectors CTRL+A) and click the
"Move selected objects to center of material in X" button (On the Drawing Tab within the Align Objects section).

If you have any existing toolpaths, will need to recalculate the toolpaths.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.