Paradise Box

ERIC5501
Model of CNC Machine: DIY from JGRO plans

Paradise Box

Post by ERIC5501 »

Hello folks, this is my first post here so hopefully it is in the right place. I have attached three photo's of the back panel of the PARADISE BOX project I recieved in a Vectric email. I have used pine as this is only test cutting to find out any anomalies with the code and cnc. Picture 821 shows a double carve (the rhs is where the carving process starts) also just right of centre the carving is chewed out yet the LHS is normal - gcode problem I think?
Picture 822 area between the two roundels the bottom not carved the same as the top - gcode again?
Picture 823 the lower LHS of the picture is diagonally opposite the start the carving is shallower than the rest of the carving, sussed this one by myself, the ganrty rails are either out of alignment or the gantry is out of square, I will check the rails and gantry.
The interestng ribbing is caused by the threaded rod having a slight bend in it caused by the support blocks i had the gantry sitting on collapsing, thus the whole weight of the ganrty was hanging on the the rod, I will buy some new rod soon.
I will post some pictures in the next day or two. The cnc is a JGRO design with some small differences.

I can't remember if I post processed the .crv as gcode or Mach 2/3.
Thanks in advance for any help/comments.
Regards
Eric
Attachments
P1000821.JPG
P1000822.JPG
P1000823.JPG

garylmast
Vectric Wizard

Re: PARADISE BOX

Post by garylmast »

First thing I would do is mill your spoil board so it's parallel with your gantry.

ERIC5501
Model of CNC Machine: DIY from JGRO plans

Re: Paradise Box

Post by ERIC5501 »

Hi and thanks for your response, the board is .75" thick as per the project so levelling the board would put a taper on the board. The difference from one end to the other is (according to Mach3) 0.1336 coordinates which in reality looks like about 2mm (sorry I am more familiar with metric, I live in Australia)
Regards
Eric

PS My apologies I have just realised that I misunderstood what you were saying, I was thinking of the work piece and not the table surface.
Regards
Eric