Gravograph IS200 Setup, Driver etc.

somebloke
Model of CNC Machine: IS200

Gravograph IS200 Setup, Driver etc.

Post by somebloke »

Hi All...

We have a Gravograph IS200 that we are currently using on an old windows 95 machine (!)

I would like to run it on a more modern machine, using V-Carve.
I have downloaded the trial software, but can't get V-Carve to output to the IS200.

I wrote to Vectric to ask for a driver, and they told me:
We do not supply communication drivers for any specific machine with any of our software, but most of our software can make use of the manufactures communication driver, if this is installed on to the computer.
There is no driver on the machine, of course - the IS200 software communicates directly with the IS200, no driver is required. :roll:

I have searched and searched for answers, and found someone suggesting that you should create a Generic/Text Only printer on LPT1.

Brilliant, I thought, and set it up again. Now I am able to select Generic/Text Only as a driver, but the final Output button is disabled.

A picture is attached below, to show you what I mean

So if anyone has any idea how to get the V-Carve software working with our old (but pretty cool) Gravograph IS200, I would love it if you could share your wisdom!

Thanks!
Pete
Attachments
IS200 Dialog.gif

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Gravograph IS200 Setup, Driver etc.

Post by Adrian »

It might be a complete red herring but the trial version of the software will only allow you to output toolpaths created for the test files that come with it.

By the looks of your screen shots you're trying to output a toolpath for some text you've created.

somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Oooh, that might be it...

I will try it out and report back!

Thanks!
Pete

somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Ok, well using the sample file, the Output button is now available! Thanks for that tip - I am now one step further down the road!

....unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do anything :-(

Is clicking the Output Toolpaths button normally the final step? Is it the 'Go' button to download to the printer?

Thanks
Pete

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

This is where my knowledge of the subject dries up as all the CNC machines I've used aren't direct output. I've always transferred the file via network or USB drive.

Hopefully someone out there knows what to do next!

somebloke

Post by somebloke »

Thanks for your help so far!

paulbotes

Post by paulbotes »

Hi Pete

When setting up my Roland desktop engraver the first time I had a similar problem. I am running XP. I have no idea if this might work for you, but it is worth a try.
Under printer properties go to ports tab, select "enable printer pooling" select both Com1 and Lpt1.

Paul B

Timvmax
Vectric Wizard

Post by Timvmax »

Hi Pete,
I have an IS200 & have never got it to work with Aspire :(
I have an old version of Gravostyle that "does" but it's very basic.
I also have Gravostyle 5 which is supposed to do everything, but to be honest it's very hard work & user un-friendly.
I run all my cnc's with Mach 3 which works great with Aspire, so I'm thinking of converting the IS200 to this.
Vectric's software is so much better.