GravoGraph is400 on win vista?

BadTaste87
Model of CNC Machine: Gravograph IS 400

GravoGraph is400 on win vista?

Post by BadTaste87 »

Hi guys, trying to upgrade a bit... Im trying to install drivers, software (gravostyle 5.4) and so on... Does someone know how? do i need to update firmware in the is400? how should i connet, serial port och usb adapter? if i only could get the computer too find it at all it would be a start! i have installd gravostyle but it only had drivers for lasers, trying to install an older version now... all kinds of help is welcome!

RoutnAbout
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 24x18 Desktop

Re: GravoGraph is400 on win vista?

Post by RoutnAbout »

Hi BadTast87,
This forum has all the answers you need for Vectric Products and their post processors, but the machine dealer or manufacture will probably be able to answer all your questions.
That being said, I've done an Internet search and here are the information I've found.'
I hope this helps to get you up and running.
Roll of Honor <-- Never Forget
________
Don

Mark
Vectric Staff
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark, ShopBot, Roland PNC3000

Re: GravoGraph is400 on win vista?

Post by Mark »

Hello BadTaste87,

A word of warning before updating the firmware of a Gravograph / New Hermes engraver.

I believe that some newer models of Gravograph / New Hermes machines have received a firmware update, which encrypts the
file format, so that the machines can no longer operate from code produced by 3rd party CAM software such as ours.

If you are using 3rd Party CAM software to produce programs for your machine,
you may lose this capability, if you upgrade.

I would check with Gravograph or New Hermes before doing this.

I hope that this helps.

Cheers,

Mark.