Text on a curved line.

customcnc

Text on a curved line.

Post by customcnc »

Hello, can anyone explain procedure to get text on curved arc using VCarve Pro 5.5. Would really appreciate the help. Thanks---Jim

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Text on a curved line.

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Jim,
Create the wanted text on the drawing board and the curve that you want to place the text on or along. Then select the 'Wrap text along a curve' icon and with both the text and the curve selected(highlighted) set up the dialogue for the wrap text along curve the way you want it. There are a lot of options so if one does not look the way you want it just try a different option. When you think you have it set up correctly click the 'Apply' button at the bottom of the dialogue window, and the text will be placed as you set it up along the curve. It can be a bit tricky to get exactly what you want and using the 'Text on the other side' check box is often a help for what I have done, but be sure to think about all of the options and select them or try different combinations to get what you want. If you run into a problem getting it the way you want just ask again in this thread and someone should be able to point you in the right direction. I attached a couple of snips from my screen to try and make it more visual, but I hope this answers the question.
Attachments
TextAlongCurve2.JPG
TextAlongCurve.JPG
TextAlongCurve3.JPG
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Re: Text on a curved line.

Post by Adrian »

There is a tutorial on working with text here:

http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/ ... esign.html

It's for VCarve 6 but it nearly all applies to VCarve 5.5 as well.