Cut depth to Deep!!!!!!!

MotorcycleAndy

Cut depth to Deep!!!!!!!

Post by MotorcycleAndy »

I am running a axyz router with the updated A2MC board and if i correctly gauge my material and cut depth it still continues to cut to deep? Can someone walk me through a step by step or point me in the right direction?

metalworkz
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: SX3 CNC, DIY 24x20 & 48x60 routers

Re: Cut depth to Deep!!!!!!!

Post by metalworkz »

Hello Andy,
It would be helpful if you can supply us more information about the controller being used and the settings in your Vectric software for the file you are attempting to cut. Also are the axis calibrated to be sure they are moving the correct distances? There are a lot of variables involved so more information may help someone here stay on the right track when trying to help with the current problem.
Best regards,
Wes
wes.spence@comcast.net
Gingery Machines:
Lathe, Horiz. Mill, Shaper, Leaf Brake

MotorcycleAndy

Re: Cut depth to Deep!!!!!!!

Post by MotorcycleAndy »

After A lengthy email to the tech that set my machine up, he called me and explained two functions that we had not been over while we updated boards. I am running a axyz 5010 model with router,tangential knife heads with the new updated A2MC board along with Icut. Function 28 which is "set and plane waste board" is used to find the top of the spoil board or cutting surface(self curing mat/Chirino mat). Then Function 27 "set user z origin" came into play in the depth issue. After completing these and adjusting my z a hair it is working properly. Thanks to all for a timely response, i hope this helps any one running an axyz as i know there direct customer service line in Ohio is almost non existent.