AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

Postby wrexler » Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:07 pm

Newb here...

I recently acquired a AXYZ 4008, with the old style control box, using AXYZ Toolpath to send jobs.
I have tried all the AXYZ post processors listed in the VCarve software, and most of them "Work" my problem is that toolpath seems to strip a lot of the setup done in VCarve out of the file.
The biggest issue is the material size, Toolpath only registers the extents of the job loaded, I then have to enter in the material size and attempt to compute the offsets manually. Am I missing something? this seems very counter intuitive. It also strips the selected tool RPM,
Toolpath seems very powerful given the deceptively simple interface, but I want to do the setup work in VCarve. I have seen posts about using a DNC program to download the nc file directly to the controller, but my setup didn't come with that, and I have read that AXYZ no longer supports that.

Any help is appreciated :D
wrexler

Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Re: AXYZ Toolpath, Material sizing

Postby adze_cnc » Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:31 am

Too late in the day to answer this. I'll have a go at it on Monday morning.

But for now: before we switched to a2mc I would use the TPWin program for 2D jobs and ArtCAM (at first) then Cut3D (later) to create 3D jobs and would use TPWin to send the g-code to the 4008.

Steven
adze_cnc
Vectric Apprentice

Model of CNC Machine: AXYZ 4008

Return to Control Software related questions