CNC routine

dpmjohnson
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Plus

CNC routine

Post by dpmjohnson »

Running a 2 hour routine. I realize I would like to run again only lines 35106 though the end of the routine. Can I pick up a routine at any point run it then pause or stop, or run the last 500 lines? Cannot seem to make that happen. Anyone know how?
Thanks,
Dennis

Leo
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: 1300 x 1300 x 254 Chinese Made

Re: CNC routine

Post by Leo »

I don't know how on the shark, but you can on Mach3.

If you know a little about g-code programming, you can use a simple word processor to edit the program.

There is always a place where the "Z" retracts - that is a good place to restart. You want to keep - what I call the header or beginning few lines in the program - up to the first "Z" clear point. Most times it is Z.1

They you also want to position "X" & "Y" to the point above where you want to restart.

It's harder to explain it that it is to do it.

If you are not familiar with g-code programming - it may be best not to try --- unless you want to learn a little. Just go slow and keep you feedrate WAY LOW - until you are sure it is going to be OK.
Imagine the Possibilities of a Creative mind, combined with the functionality of CNC

4DThinker
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: CNC Shark Pro, Probotix Meteor 25" x 50"

Re: CNC routine

Post by 4DThinker »

Using the Shark controller you can't. What I do is go back into Vcarve/Aspire and redo the tool path so only the last part I want cut/recut is done. I've done this several times when I needed to stop a project before it finished. I leave the machine at 0,0,0 and the board clamped where it was, then even if the controller and PC are shut down before resuming again I can pick up where I left off with the new .TAP file.