CNC SHARK PRO PROBLEM

fbrittain

CNC SHARK PRO PROBLEM

Post by fbrittain »

Hi Folks, I just purchased a cnc shark. Being new to cnc I am fighting the learning curve and studying the tutorials. I am having a problem with my machine losing info. The first thing I notice is that the forward speed adjustment in the jog program starts out o.k. and works well on fast but later it will on it will only run in slow position even though it is set for high or medium. also it seems to skip some lines of g-code.Example: in carving the velocette tutorial it omitted the V. After it finished running I ran it again and it picked it up and turned out o.k. I was running my router at about 1/2 speed(around 15000 rpm and I had the forward speed set at 50% even though in Vectric software the speed was set at 100 in per min. I am wondering if maybe I have a bad step motor or maybe the processor is bad. I would appreciate any suggestions.I have not been able to reach the folks at next wave automation thanks Felix Brittain

mezalick
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: Camaster Cobra

Re: CNC SHARK PRO PROBLEM

Post by mezalick »

Felix,
I have a Shark as well and have used it for over a year now. Several problems that I have come across are these.
1. The set screws come loose.
I reset them using Loc-Tight.
2. My machine does not respond well if I go faster than 70% feed rate and I use the lowest setting (1-2) for the router speed.
3. There is a problem if your computer has a virus protection program and /or you have your screen saver set to go on.
These will interup the machine.
4. Sometimes there is an arcing between the pin connectors, or the wires have come loose.
You may want to use a lesser cutting depth, less strain on the machine.
Tim Owens from New Wave is pretty good at responding to problems.

Michael
Michael Mezalick
https://www.youtube.com/user/mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

fbrittain

Post by fbrittain »

mezalick wrote:Felix,
I have a Shark as well and have used it for over a year now. Several problems that I have come across are these.
2. My machine does not respond well if I go faster than 70% feed rate and I use the lowest setting (1-2) for the router speed.
3. There is a problem if your computer has a virus protection program and /or you have your screen saver set to go on.
4. Sometimes there is an arcing between the pin connectors, or the wires have come loose.

Michael
Thanks Mike, I'll try again this weekend. I am taking 1/8 in. each pass. I suspect that it may be loose wire in the controller. I had to go in there when I set the machine up and giggle some. I was wondering if it could be because I left my default setting in v-carve pro at 100 in. per min. I didn't think it would matter if I adjusted the speed in the controller program. what do you think? Felix Brittain

mezalick
Vectric Wizard

Post by mezalick »

I'd put my money on the wire problem.
Good luck, I hope get it resolved.
Michael

fbrittain wrote:
mezalick wrote:Felix,

Michael
Thanks Mike, I'll try again this weekend. I am taking 1/8 in. each pass. I suspect that it may be loose wire in the controller. I had to go in there when I set the machine up and giggle some. I was wondering if it could be because I left my default setting in v-carve pro at 100 in. per min. I didn't think it would matter if I adjusted the speed in the controller program. what do you think? Felix Brittain
Michael Mezalick
mm@mezalick.com

wyzarddoc

Post by wyzarddoc »

Michael;
You mentioned a 70% feed rate how does that translate into either the control panel slow, medium or what In/sec do you set up in the VCP software?? Say for a 1/4" ball nose cutter.
thanks
Doc

mezalick
Vectric Wizard

Post by mezalick »

Felix,
The FRO setting is where you can change the feed rate.
I hope this helps.
Michael
Attachments
shark.jpg
Michael Mezalick
mm@mezalick.com