CNC Wrapper 2 to Shopbot

rnweller
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

CNC Wrapper 2 to Shopbot

Post by rnweller »

Good afternoon everyone. I'm having one of those senior moments--CRS! Is it possible to use CNCWrapper 2 to wrap a file for cutting on the Shopbot? If so, could someone please walk me through the steps? I also have V Carve Pro. Many thanks for any help. Have a great weekend.

Norm
Evans, GA

Rcnewcomb
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: 24x36 GCnC/WinCNC with ATC

Re: CNC Wrapper 2 to Shopbot

Post by Rcnewcomb »

There is a Wrapper program that comes with the Shopbot control software. I'm not at the shop right now but I believe it is with the indexer virtual tools. It says it is for wrapping text but it will wrap anything.

Basically it translates a normal file of XYZ moves and remaps either the X or the Y to your A or B axis and changes all the M3 commands to M5 commands.

Look at page 7 of this document: ->Link
- Randall Newcomb
10 fingers in, 10 fingers out, another good day in the shop

Greolt
Vectric Wizard
Model of CNC Machine: UCCNC Router, Plasma, Laser

Post by Greolt »

Just for the information of other readers of this post,

CNCWrapper converts generic gcode. Technically referred to as RS-274D. As used by Mach3 and the majority of CNC controllers.

It does not convert shopbot code which as far as I know is only used on shopbots.

Greg

gravirozo
Vectric Wizard

Post by gravirozo »

hello

i don't have shopbot... but i read about as they tried to make some new standard... and right now they looking for other companies, that might join for them....(using their """language""")
what is important, independent from gcode or shopbot code, the axis wanting warp, that need to be scaling... on way as 360/wrapping lenght...
shopbpt use not G01 X... Y... Z..., but their syntax is M value, value, value.... what is basically same like gcode, however makes difficulties to producing this code...

while a simple gcode works on almost all controller, shopbot code is for very limited number of controller.....
also some news, shopbot plan to use the regular gcode...

so need to looking for on the web for some program that convert gcode to shopbot...

thanks
viktor

their controller works pretty... but this gcode is a weird situation...

rnweller
Vectric Apprentice
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot

Post by rnweller »

Thanks everyone for your responses.

Norm

Adrian
Vectric Archimage
Model of CNC Machine: ShopBot PRS Alpha 96x48

Post by Adrian »

The ShopBot control software, which can be downloaded free of charge, includes standalone g-code convertors (both ways) and there is one on the http://www.shopbotprojectwizard.com site available after free registration.